Wow what an amazing magic set 🙂
Like many magician’s my first steps into magic were through a box of tricks under the Christmas Tree. My set was the Hocus Pocus Magic Box c. 1972 – like many toy magic boxes it was filled with many of the same effects. And although it really was great for a nine year old, I quickly distanced myself from it. That would not have been the case if I had received this set from Supreme Magic.
I had not seen this box of magic Supreme Magic released c. 1987 until recently. And boy what a really wonderful box it is. Filled with amazing magic from Supreme’s huge catalog, and a very informative and useful 88 page book by Ian Adair.
Although each box had varied content, here is what is in this one:
- Supreme Werry’s Card Crash-Thru – with 4 pages of instructions.
- Supreme Miracle X Wallet – with 3 pages of instructions (including a great version of Hen Fetsch’s Wallet Wallop)
- Supreme Lubor Fiedler’s Posi-Negative – with 2 pages of instructions.
- Supreme Fogel’s All Clear Forcing Bag – with 16 page booklet.
- Supreme Giant Size Clever Ace – with 16 page booklet featuring Peter Pit.
- Supreme Brass Nut Release – with 4 pages of instructions and an amazingly good brass nut gimmick.
- Supreme New Vanishing Wand – with 2 pages of instructions.
- Supreme Hindu Devil’s Rope – with 4 pages of instructions.
- Supreme Werry’s Fantastic Thimibles – with 3 pages of instructions.
- Supreme Vest Pocket Bathing Beauty – with 1 page of instructions.
Plus a very informative 88 page book by Ian Adair titled: How To Become a Supreme Magician, with table of contents:
- Introduction 7
- How To Become A Supreme Magician 8
- The Various Branches of Magic 18
- Close-Up Magic 19
- Children’s Magic 20
- Conjuring with Cards 24
- Stage Magic 27
- It Must Be Mindreading 28
- Selecting Magic Apparatus 30
- Building a Magical Library 34
- How to Join a Magic Club 35
- Practise and Rehearsal 39
- Dress; Appearance and Etiquette 40
- Make-Up 41
- Misdirection 44
- Advertising and Publicity 46
- History of Mystery 56
- A Glossary of Conjuring Terms 69
- Bibliography (Recommended Magic Reading) 81
- Subscribing to Magical Magazines 83
- Acknowledgements 86
The book itself would have been very useful to any young magician trying to take magic more seriously and figure out what direction to grow in magic.
This is an amazing time capsule that will take you back and surprise you with some clever and easy to do magic.
Effect: At Last – the starter kit for the beginner in magic, the young magician or those who are seeking professional equipment as used by true magicians. Ideal for the person who has gone through the toy magic set scene and wishes to obtain effective tricks and routines as used by leading magicians with guidance on how to proceed in magic.
Magic is a wonderful hobby, a superb profession which promises fun, excitement, popularity, skill and dexterity and the possibility of a lucrative living. For the first time aver – a professional starter kit, designed for those deeply interested in the art of magic, at a price which the individual can afford including a published book on how to become a Magician.
THE EFFECTS CONTAINED INSIDE EACH KIT ARE WELL VARIED AND WOULD COST CONSIDERABLY MORE IF PURCHASED INDIVIDUALLY. INSIDE EVERY STARTER KIT IS A COPY OF IAN ADAIR’S SUPERB NEW BOOK. It comes complete with a copy of HOW TO BECOME A SUPREME MAGICIAN.
Because we are professional magical manufacturers, supplying leading performers world-wide, we want this introductory kit to be the perfect beginning for magicians of the future. DO NOT CONFUSE THIS FABULOUS STARTER KIT WITH A TOY SET OF MAGIC Such as sold in the general shops and stores.
The Starter Kit is available by direct mail order, at magical conventions or seminars. It’s the ideal starting kit for the promising magician to buy., It’s the most perfect Birthday, Christmas or general gift to present to someone deeply interested in magic as a hobby or profession.
Not a toy magic set, but a carefully selected range of effects, ideal for the beginner in magic. The ideal gift, a kit containing item s made in metal, leather and wood.
(Notice: Includes: Printed Instructions.)( Post Source: martinsmagic.com - click for details )